Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Dolphins in the Light

Posted by Picasa

I love the dolphins. I have not had a lot of opportunity to be one on one with them. When I was a child, my family went to Sea World in San Diego, big trip since we were living in Canada at the time. I was a thinking kind of kid and I saw a pool of dolphin, at that time the pool was built in such a way that petting could happen if you were just so. So I fit in just so. There was a dolphin waiting for me, so naturally I started petting it. I was kind of like a wet watermelon in texture as I recall, but then I was a kid at the time. I looked into its eyes and had a connection, I could have stayed there all day and just touched it, with all the love that a young kid can give and it was quite willing to be there also. Of course this was a busy park and another child ran noisily over and popped our intimacy bubble, to where the dolphin snapped at the intruder. But as my parents called me away, I looked back and we connected again to say good bye. That was when I became hooked on loving wildlife. So yes, this painting is called "Fluidity" but it also expresses the love that dolphin are. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home