Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Monday, March 04, 2013

The Gentle Smile: Galapagos Tortoise

Posted by Picasa

The Gentle Smile: Galapagos tortoise And there I was, again in the zoo in Quito, watching and photographing. Going to a zoo and watching is important when I want to take pictures. I settle in and try and get a feel for the animals and what is happening rather than just charging in there and click away without any kind of awareness. I like to invest my time in allowing for observing and interaction that might take place. So there I was....watching....waiting ... when a gentle soul of a man walked right up to a tortoise and started petting and stroking the tortoise's head, lovingly, kindly. The tortoise was in rapture, so also so was the man. They had made a connection..... One that I wish other people would just take the time to do too with other creatures. I joyfully watched this take place when I felt someone staring at me. So I turned and looked behind me, and there watching me with approving eyes and slight smile was another tortoise. I also had made a connection. Thank you for the opportunity, gentle old man. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home