Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

off to the cloud forest

Hi there
We are off on an adventure. Everyone needs an adventure now and again. So we are off to do the Dr. Dolittle kind of navigation to find Americans celebrating American Thanksgiving. We have the general idea of where to go and that is past Quito 4 hr, through to Otavalo 2 more hrs, take another bus for 2 hours to a place called Santa Rosa de Pucaro where we will walk on a dirt road that will turn into a foot path and hopefully an 1/2 hr or so find the farm house where they will be expecting us.
We are up for this we also hope to be fed turkey and will contribute to the feast as well, then we hope to find our way back to Otavalo.(Do you all remember wayyyyyy back when when both kids got sick there, ended up in the hospital and trying to make lemonade out of a bad situation the kids decided to have vomiting competitions of the side of a hotel,....... I don't think that we will go back to that hotel hmmmmm.) Then if all is well then we will go the the lake inside of the volanic crater. I will take pictures for Dane's science teacher.
We might be able to shop in Otavalo and I will maybe buy a few things there. Although everything either comes from Peru or Guatamala, I will see.
I am told that the Santa Rosa de Pucaro is in the cloud forest and there is possibly an opportunity to see the Cock of the Rock, the Bird. I thought that I would cruise the internet to make sure we would be in the right habitat to find it and wellllll you can imagine an animal with that name can cause alot in informative (shocking), explicit and I am sure full of viruses sites so be careful if you want to check this beautiful organge yet unfortunately named bird. Pointer: It might help if you put the word Andean in front of the Name.
We are leaving the house and dogs in the kind care of "Auntie Sarah", who will happily have warm showers, walks with dogs and enjoy english movies. Thank you Sarah! (She is a woofer and the farm that she has been working at has cold showers. Yuck!)
I tried to write a blog 3 times the other day but was rudely cut off 3 times so I took that as a messege from up above as to not publish that idea, It was basicly, an hint to watch Julie, Julia the movie, it was great. The end.
Talk with you all when we get back and I will inform you of the cloud forest and that Adventure.
Be good to each other and have fun and adventures.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home