Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Monday, March 28, 2011

pooped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there all
For those who know me, along with my ADD, I have accomplanied it with a healthy dose of somthing called Obsessive Compulsivie Disorder (OCD). Right in this moment that means that I am pooped. I looked at the builders beige in the house and felt an overwhelming NEED to deal with it. This means to the "normal" person that painting is required. To me that means that PAINTING needs to be done and COLOR is required to make living bare-able. This also means that ASAP is in order, and that there is almost nowhere not included. I have used almost all the old paint that was stored in the house and have bought several others to make the process easier.
The first project was the kitchen area. This was done in Tuscany style with yellows, white and rust. There was much layering and washing to create the desired effect ( about 4 layers of color ). Next, the lower entrance hallway, this was done is a variety of color in abstract layered block, colors being light purpley blue, dark purply blue, rust, cobalt blue, dark sage green and white lining. That felt good so next project, the upper hallway-gallery, done in 2 colors of blue and a nice cranberry red with the support columns done in crisp white. This is great to set off my paintings. Next the yucky kids bathroom hallway done is the purply blue and crisp white. Then next was the guest bedroom done it the 2 different blues and also a feature wall of a plaid style with the 2 blues, white and dark sage green. Then the living room-tv room done in rust and sage green, with a feature wall done in varying widths of stripes of rust, white, light and dark sage green and cobalt blue (way coooooool). Finally, the student room is done in the 2 sage greens, unfortunately this has caused the only glitch in the painting projects and has caused the room to unpleasantly shrink in seeming size. ( the only failure, but at least it is not builders beige!!!!!!!). Most of the spaces required 2 layers of paint to cover that horrible builders beige. Now to normal people this project would take a while, for me not so. I have also failed to mention that I am an insomniac. This means that I sleep about 2-5 hours a night and this means that if there is something that my person feels needs to be done, I can easily find the time. These 6 rooms and hallways were done within 1 week. The problem was the first room being the kitchen area as 4 layers had to be done to get the right effect, that took the most time as I had to live in it to figure out the problems of color and shading. So now I feel a bit tired. I have only one wall left to do in the morning, I have had to wait, as the paint wouldn't dry properly and I can do it in the morning. But the spurt is almost over and I can enjoy the color around me. My friend came by the other day, quite shocked to the amount that had been done and also the amount of color used. She happily left with the project to paint her living space as well. I love to inspire people to live in color. But the compliment she gave me was this, not only are your paintings a work of art but also the house is a work of art that embraces and brings to light the paintings that live there. This was a nice one for me to hear and keep me inspired. For now though, I am feeling a power sleep coming on, the 2 vodka and cokes to celebrate the near completion aren't helping much to stop the sleepiness. So knowing my sleeping patterns and requirements, also my ADD and obsessive compulsive charge that I have, I will be up within several hours to complete my job. When I am not painting either the house or my own paintings, I read a great deal. I love my e-reader and the books that I have on it. I have passed this legacy of ADD and OCD onto my son. Fortunately, though he is not an insomniac yet, maybe later like me. Anyway, I grow tired and my writings are starting to show it. Talk with you all later.
Please be kind to those who have special gifts and talents even though they do not seem to be the norm, it gives you a chance to be non-normal too.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home