Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

much ado about nothing

Hi all
Well like the title says, there is not alot happening here. We are just waiting for Rob to go back to Canada. I have to admit though, I am a bit nervous. Here I am in a country with the language not being mine own, unfamiliar surroundings, etc. But I know that this is a good decision, it is getting far too expensive to hang out in Canada anymore, and here we can live for under $1,000.00 a month. Whenever Rob has gone away for a while it is nice because we all feel a little bit freer, Rob too, and then we all start to miss each other. I think that is a sign of healthy relations, you as a couple come together as whole beings and then you maintain that individuality that defines who you are. It is important to remember who you are and never loose sight of that. It helps when you both are whole and independent so there is a reality in the relationship and outlook.
We will also be continuing our spanish lessions and with school. I find myself starting to want to write in spanish now and I catch myself when I am on the computer. It is just another dimension of myself that I needed to learn about. I have always loved languages, and I finally can use this one and constantly keep learning. I an thinking that when I get fairly efficient, I would like to try to go to school here. I think it would be fun to learn something like being a lawyer, writing or something. But for now I will continue painting. I had laid out the primary drawings in Canada, anticipating that I would be painting and I have been. They are great but the dolphin is by far the most outstanding. The dolphin is on a dynamic background of blues, purples and yellow and greens with horizontal stripes, the dolphin itself is of whites, greens, blues and purples. I find it quite magical, and I find myself just staring at it in wonder. I guess that is really a reflection of how I feel my life is being right now. I will be having Scott August printing them off for me, and Ivy Mills from Creative chameleon putting them on the web site. I am hoping to have about 4-5 paintings ready for the process. Then I can start painting more wild life here, I am also hoping to get to the coast yet and do more painting and photo´s. The light here can only be discribed and a soft yellow. It is really nice and calming to paint in. The light is not the only thing that can inspire a painter here, the life, and life style are a big plus too.
I have now found where to buy canvas and paints, but I think that I would like to go to Quito for a shopping trip for more paint, books, and different foods. I think that I will have to go anyway as I have to start the ball rolling for our residency, and finishing the driver´s license. That issue keeps popping up. Eventually, we will have it.
Well that is all I can think of for now. Talk with you all later,
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home