Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Honoring a transition

Hi there
Today has been a very interesting day so far. A much older friend of ours who was living here in Banos, and had both the beginnings of Alzheimers and Parkinsons disease chose to leave the planet. He also chose to leave the planet on his own volition. I have alot of respect for his choice as his suffering was also affecting his partners well being. He chose to have breakfast and coffee with her, then he went to his favorite place, his garden, to say goodbye to the world. Some people have a problem with suicide but for the most part if there circumstances that are such, I feel that it is a fair way to go. It is also not my place to judge someones passing, or the method by which they do it. Through my experiences and previous life of being a massage therapist and working with many different situations, I have to say that I have noticed that many people have problems with death. I think that they also have a problem with what is next and have fears based on ending. I have my beliefs firmly in place so having people pass is Okay. Saying that though, I feel that having children passing before the parents is tragic. I am hoping to be fortunate in that experience. Although I didn't really know him that well, I do know that he had a very balanced Buddahistic style of belief and that he was "good" with everything in the process of living and the universe. He had also had the experience of having died when he was younger and was brought back. He was sad when he was brought back as he said the next step was marvelous. His partner said that he smiled a very unique smile before he trip to the garden and that it was a smile of peacefulness and resolution. So who has a problem with it.... the people here who of course are catholic and of course that is a bit of a no no. I am sorry for them as if the circumstances were better there would be no need for this action, but his suffering was starting to be great, and it was a kindness and release for him choosing to leave earlier than planned. Unfortunately, for many people his passing is the problem and who is left behind to deal with the situation. His partner has to deal with the paperwork, some social blackening (due to the suicide)and of course the body and the burial. He was very kind to her though as he organized his paper work in previous time, and in time for his passing. I think he did the best that he could. She is at peace with his passing and therefore I am too. I just wish that other people would not focus on the act of passing but the action of the entire life previously lived. He was a good man who had traveled the world in a spiritual quest to understand the meaning of life. He said to me after all those experiences, he still didn't know, but he felt it was being. He ran into many different spiritual people throughout the world,and had many adventures. He finally told me to read his book and I read the poem of "I". It was a wonderful poem about the action of being. I think that for me, he impacted me by his life and his living. He lived and lived well then he transitioned to the next step. His life was that simple, he was generally happy with his life until he started to suffer with his health and then he chose that is was time to exit the planet. There is honor and bravery in that action. I honor him in his choice and his life, and let the powers that be only be the judge.
Live well and with compassion
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home