Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

message for caribean p

Hi there all you might just want to forget this message unless you are caribean p.

Hi there caribean p:
I am going through my memory banks and I am thinking that you and I met once at my house in Enderby with Denny and Ivy, discussing about you and coke the cola. I tried to send you back a message through this blog but as I am a computer dinosaur, I couldn't figure which button to push..... Yeah, I know what you are thinking right now and I admit to it before you even have to say anything. So using an poor choice and realizing that because I am so clever that my sneaky spy system to try and answer your question would never allow me to get into the FBI or anything.
The mountain range of Ecuador is an range that is topped with volcanos. Although some are not active and some are really active it is part of what is Ecuador. The last eruption that I was worried about had sent a cloud of ash to Guyaquil and shut down the airport much like the Icelandic volcano did to Europe. But remember that Ecuador is truely a beautiful country with lovely and friendly (tourist friendly and curious) people. Ecuador is a country well worth visiting or stay in for however long you want (working with the travel visas of course) on your world travels. So getting away from the volcanos would be missing apart of Ecuador. Oddly enough, living next to one is not really a big deal. Our volcano is one that you can't help but to start to love. She is beautiful majestic, and magical. I suppose if you'd want to get away from the volcano, you could go just about anywhere really. There are so many options in such a small country, that if you like dessert it is close, mountains close, sea close, jungle close, whatever you like....
A note about Quito as a port of entry.... Quito is high in the Andes and some people experience altitude sickness or if you are dealing with High blood pressure or heart issues you would have to take precautions and talk with your doctor about precautions. No biggie really. Often it is just a bit of a head ache that with a little tylenol and a coffee, it can be gotten rid of quite easily. The breathlessness due to altitude and physical exertion may take a few days to adapt to though. However, if that is something that you do not wish to experience or would like to miss this amazing city, Guyaquil is a good option for point of entry and you could start your journey through the coast first. I haven't spent alot if time in this city as it can be extremely hot and you have to be more careful as a tourist here.
Ecuador is also a very inexpensive and cheap place to live. You can often get a hotel room for $5-12 per day and meals can be as low as $1.50. There is always fresh fruit around and like any of the countries that you are traveling in you have to be careful of water, everywhere except Banos who treats their water and you can actually drink water from the tap.... Besides, if you are who I think you are you are young and would love it here, also you should learn the salsa and have fun dancing. You are also Canadian and it is just one more adventure that is calling your name. If you do come and want to do some extreme touristy anything like rafting or climbing, I recommend only ever use Geotours, they are the most reliable tour service in Ecuador and their only hire trained guides. This is very important!!!!! There have been some problems ..... trust me..... We live here and we know!!!!
I hope that I answered you Questions for you.... Have fun in Vietnam and Korea. Just send a note if you decide to come to Ecuador if you want more info. or want to visit. Travel South America you would love it!
Talk with you soon.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home