Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

coming back

Well everyone who is reading....
We are still coming back to good old Canada..... It looks though that we are only coming back for 1 month. In that time the kids have told me that one of the things that they want to do is the West Coast Trail.... Go figure..... I think that it could still be arranged. We all love the great out doors. I have to say that almost a year of thinking of coming back, and talking myself into it. I will enjoy being with my own culture. Living in a culture that can welllllll be only explained as almost opposite to what I am used to, or raised in will be a good thing. I will have some visiting to do though., so please if you want a visit please let me know. I have to say though that Rob's mother is one of the first people on our list as she is not doing all that well. I have repeatedly written various people and I think that those who I have written to need to let me know if they want a visit. Also those who want things from Ecuador should also let me know if they want certain things, like spices or souvenires (sp?) I have my own shopping list going of what I want to bring back with me. Too bad I can't bring dutch croquettes with me that I can buy in Salmon Arm..... I will let you all know that I will be looking for weird and unusual toys to decorate my art room with as people here are very serious about their fun, and well I am eccentric of taste. I have found on E-bay Mr. Potato Head the 3 Star wars figures. Yippee. I will continue my search on the internet however..
I also love dragons so I will look for those too. I recently found a horse and a male doll that looks like Rob and I will be endevering to make a centaur. I think Rob would look good as one of my favorite fantasy and zodiac creatures.
Since I have talked with you all I have completed the Gallinazo Rey painting with success. One less personal obsticle to get over. It was a challenge and one that I am glad that is over. It was catharticly (sp?) good to hurdle over. The total painting count right now is 28 and now I am working on 3 paintings at the same time as they are a sequence painting, they will bring me over the top of 31. I will have a party.... I will invite you all.
Any way on with life and back to looking on the internet for things I will be looking for to bring back with me.
Talk with you all later.
Be kind and patient with each other.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home