Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter is here

Hi all
Easter is here once again and that means the Caminata from Ambato to Banos. I am hoping this year that I will be walking with a friend of mine, who lives in Puyo. I did this pilgrimage last year. It is a long walk one that I ended up having 7 huge blisters on my feet. I will use this walk as a reflection of the past events. It has been very wet of late, so wet that I might reconsider the walk. So I will know more on Thursday night if I will be walking. I would still love to the the walk as they close down the entire road on Thursday night at seven o'clock. I will let you all know of the happenings later.
Post script to the sad happenings of last week. It turns out that one of the landrones may have survived but he is in bad shape in the hospital. Their victims at this point are numbered up to 8 including a boy who is now a vegtable in Quito hospital and a quichwa 18 year old girl who is now dead. It also turns out that the mob was formed by the community to block the way of the police from interfering with the community action. It turns out the the community removed the ladrones from the police jail where they were awaiting trial as they were finally caught. It is understood also by the community that the reason that the community felt action was required was because the ladrones in the past had paid the police or had threatened the police so that they were let go from the previous thefts and murders. I beleive that these landrones were also much older than first discribed. I beleive that they were well into their twenties. I think that there was a funeral next to our house and very few people attended. Sooooo again now that the update is over.
Talk with you all later
Live well and love well
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home