Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Praying Mantis

Yikes
Those praying mantis are.... I don't know....just scary. There are alot of bugs, weird bugs, in Ecuador. There I was last night getting ready for bed, actually had hopped into bed and tucked myself in when I looked up to the lamp to adjust it so that I could read when there sitting on the lamp was a 4 or more inch praying mantis. Yuck, these bugs look like aliens...... ewwww. So I called for Rachelle to bring a glass and a plate to remove it to live outside. When she got into the room I said something to her. The damned thing rotated its head and looked directly at me. Both Rachelle and I were freaked out. It was creepy. It looked like it was plotting my discomfort. Yuck. They have the ability that other bugs don't have they can turn their neck. Other bugs are not able to do that. Which kind of gives more human connection with the mantis. They also do this weird movement which is a kind of rocking bug walk that is hard to explain. It is like they are tentative about moving or it is a bug dance. I would be feeling better if it were a bug dance then at least you would live with the funkiness but the other thing is just creepy. Needless to say Rachelle captured the creature and let it go into the neighbor's yard. It is only a garden. Maybe it is a she and she can eat the head of her mate there. Only to create more of them. It is a bad thing when you know too much biology to let your imagination go wild. Ewwww. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home