Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

on shakey ground

Hi folks:
Well it was a crappy night. The volcano real started putting up a ruckus and the kids, the dogs and I said, time to leave. So off we went to Puyo for the night. But I couldn't sleep all night for fear of having the house robbed. All that I could think about was my paintings, the tv, the stove, the fridge etc. An frankly, that was rather stupid as the most important things of my life were all safe, the kids were safe, Rob was safe, my friends and family are safe and I have photos of my paintings. Oops that was rather superficial of me...... So because I am a worrier, I packed up our bags at 5 or 6 in the morning and left for Banos only to see clear skys and the volcano still going att'er... Man, nature can be a mighty powerful thing. I understand that the other side of the volcano has been evacuated. As I have said before the cone has moved from the volcano to point to the other side to Riobamba. I don't get the feeling that it will change its mind and decide to point here. In honor of the Volcano Tungurahua, Rachelle made volcano cupcakes. That is basicly a chocolate cupcake with hot carmel and chocolate n the center. Yum. I decided to have one if we came back to an intact house as a reward. I had my reward, it was yum but rich. We may still have to go to Puyo tonight if the volcano keeps up her song and dance. I am told that the volcano in Guatamala has started acting up and causing havoc. Tungurahua is a real indicator of other activity. She gets a crackin' just before other major earth changes take place. So there you go, she may just be givin' everyone the heads up to be aware of earth changes. OK, I am pooped, I am going to bed and catch up on my sleep but it is kind of hard with Mama Tungurahua kickin' it up.
Talk with you all later, livin' on the edge.....
Robin
please.....Be wonderful to each other.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home