Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Realities of life

I am sad again today but there is a happy ending with today's story.
The kids and I decided to play lazy and go out to breakfast. While having breakfast, we were joined by new friends and it was a great time. Great talks of politics and philosophy were had better here than any ever had in ancient greece. Then in walked in a little native fellow selling his wares of these tiny paintings that are so common here. He was really and ancient little fellow and it seemed like he wanted to warm his bones by the fire. After all was said and done, we paid our bill and left. Dane said to me that the little fellow was asking him questions and he thought that the little man just wanted to finish Dane's pancake. I said don't worry let's just go. We went and saw a friend and then Dane and our new friends went to go play pool, (those pool sharks get sharper as they age like fine wine, and they love to teach young ones coming up, Dane) when I realized that Dane had left the backpack at the resturant. I went back and yes I did find the backpack but no cell phone. This was a b---ch because it has all our important phone numbers of contacts that we need here. I wouldn't know where to start looking for the new numbers. So I had this idea to go get Rachelle and her phone and maybe if the stars were in alignment, we could push the call button and the phone would ring and we would hear it. We went to the resturant and no luck. When low and behold there was the little guy with the paintings. I said Ray push the call button and low and behold we hear a phone ring and like dogs we bent over listening only to find out his purse is ringing under the paintings at the bottom. Okey, dokey. Needless to say, he said he found it. (In the backpack) and that he was going to return it,(technically he was re-entering the resturant). He could have been saying to Dane to pick up his pack, as Dane understands very little spanish especially when the people are from the mountains and they have a difficult accent to understand. So stupid me, gave him a dollar hoping that good faith and honesty are alive and well, (it was tested today). I wasn't feeling right about it so, in my infinite wisedom. I told the owner of the resturant, and this was the second incident of a guest at his resturant having things disappear but this time there was no doubt. The hand was in the cookie jar. So I understand that they are no longer allowed in the resturant and that the owner will spread the good news to the other resturants. A very expensive phone for the little guy and a shot to his business. In the mean time though, I did buy another phone, but I don't think it is wasted as Dane can use it, or I can when Rob gets back. So overall, all is well no harm done, I may have learned something and revenge is not something that I had to weld (so my kharma is intact) but I may have also aided the resturant, the resturant owner and perhaps other tourist as well. Detective Rachelle and Robin solve another one, and to date this is the first act of possible theivery.
I still have my faith in humanity still intact and I still like people.
So the day is complete and we will carry on. ....... is this like one of those shows with the stupid criminals carrying the evidence instead of getting rid of it........ oh never mind...... just a thought really.... Is this like someone stealing a pager or phone and them picking up the phone and answering it or return the call...... never mind it all turned out ok.... but really ......
Thinking of you all
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home