Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Monday, September 08, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night

Hi there all
Right now it truely is a dark and stormy night. But true reason for this posting is a question that my spanish teacher asked of me the other day, soley with the reason to practice speaking in the future tense. He asked me to write a story regarding "What Robin will be doing in 10 years?" Now you all might think that this is an easy question, but for once in my life I can honestly say, "I don't know". It is weird for me, because most on my life I have always known in some way shape or another where I was going, and the path I would take to get there. Maybe it is a good thing to break the anally retentiveness of always knowing your path and allowing the universe to put in their 2 cents worth. In the next several years, the kids should be flying the coop and on their own paths, possibly interacting with ours now and again. This will be a hard time for me as I have enjoyed our kids, they sure have taught me alot, and teaching them too was and still is a huge challenge. When you have 2 indigo children, with one possibly a sauvant, it has made me become even more creative and faithful. Back to the story though, with the time moving from the kids to Rob and myself, this will create the need to get to know Rob again and Rob to know me again. HMMMMMMMMMMMM this could be good and bad, but again time will tell. I know that I will still be painting, but perhaps I will be able to sculpt again and who knows where I will target market my work. Will I still be working with people but in other ways, more nonprofit organizations? Will I go to school for languages? (I love learning them, even though spanish is the only other one right now, I did learn french privately, but as they say use it or loose it and I did). Perhaps I will go to learning teaching english as a second language, who knows. What a simple class question with the sole purpose, just to practice speaking in the future tense and it has caused a huge reaction rippling in me as to where I will go from here. This has been a good exercise for me in opening up my mind, and keep it open to change, prosperity and of course as usual faith. I talked with my teacher today about this question and he looked at me and apologuised and I said, no thank you for this marvelous opportunity it has been a great adventure. Now he really wants to read my homework. The funny thing is he looks identical to a boy friend that I had and whom I had unpleasant unresolved (angry) issues with. In this time, it has been easier to forgive this person without ever having to talk with him again, and possibly even having admiration for. Well, that is really pushing it, but if I say it oneday I might believe it. I prefer to not carry old baggage throughout my life and kindly just more on, forward and lightly. I guess, this whole experience has really been about letting go, enjoying life and the process by which life happens. Let nature take control, plan for as much as you can but allow the abundance of life to interfer and create even better opportunities. This is one of the great lettings go that was created when we left the predictable life in Canada, to totally winging it here.
Cheers to unexpected joys and new challenges.
Allow the universe the opportunity to play in your world too, you never know when given the change it could create an even better experience.
Talk with you all later.
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home