Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The pregun

Banos is a relatively small town. The same size or smaller than Salmonarm B.C. Canada. Now in any and I mean any parade in Canada they are contained, and relatively showyish, and about an hour. Today, I experienced my first South American parade. Rachelle and Dane participated with the elephants from Arte Del Mundo. My family helped create 5 elephant masks and a bit smaller than life sized walking elephant. They were great and all made from cardboard. So at 2:00 we were to meet at the center, and we did. Shortly after, everyone was assigned their jobs, Rob and I took off to find the beginning of the parade. We had to hike across town, because they had started on exact time. We found the beginning and I have to say it was great. The energy, the color, the ideas and fun was awesome. The dancing was terrific. The dancing was all done from the local schools. There was alot of music and costumes from schools and groups, the old and the young. There was even a group of older ladies dancing in resewn grain bags givin' er. There was this group that were ancient couples dancing with joy. There was a float that was all about angels and it was for the special needs kids. There were downs children in the groups with their friends dancing and having a great time. FYI: the special needs children here are often refered to as angels. It was huge. There were floats just made of fresh fruit and vegies. There were floats completely made of flowers. They were amazing. And soooooo much fun. There were a group of young guys hooting and holering and it was hilarious. There was also alot of beer being drunk but it was still in control. All in all it was great. Now here is the delio, it was over 4 hours long and well over 70 floats or contestants. Again the dancing was awesome. I had a great time. Now Rachelle is going out tonight and I have promises from her friends that she will be safe. There are a heck of alot of people soooooo. I hope that she has fun. Some of her friends are guys and they promised to take care of her too. It is 8:00 and we expect the music is going to go on all night. I think may be 2:00. we will see. Anyway, I am going to eat the best pizza in town and have a rum and coke to celebrate a wonderful day.
Talk with you all later
Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home