Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Balance Over Thrown: Lionfish

Balance Over Thrown: Lionfish I have to be honest and say that this is not one of my favorite paintings. There are many reasons for this. The primary reason is that it is toxic. This painting is representing where humans have intervened and placed an animal from its normal balanced environment into an area that is not capable of dealing with it. As we all know, the oil spill on the East Coast of the US. has created permanent irreparable damage, add into this mix the Lionfish, which is beautiful in where it should be but killing everything out of its perfect environment, the same East Coast. I normally try to paint to inspire people, but this is where attention should be put to clean up a serious mess. There is no nice way to represent these irresponsible acts. I can find nowhere in my soul to find the positive in this problem, accept action. In regards to the fish, it is not its fault; it is the fault of people thinking they are smarter than nature. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home