Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Magic on the Wing: Black Necked Swan

Magic on the Wing: Black Necked Swan Well this is a painting that was created for the book to represent: Humility: Know where you are great. How important am I? The first choices were Trumpet or Whistling Swans. I was still geared to try and paint as many Ecuadorian wildlife as possible. I think that this painting was where my mind opened up to other animal life worldwide. Yes, this is an Ecuadorian/South American animal but it let me realize I still want to paint as many animals as possible in my life, everything deserved attention. In my research for a swan from Ecuador so many other animals also showed up on my screen. It was like the wings were casting a spell to opening doors for others that want to be represented also. The painting background let me play. I applied the background paint like water color and let it mix and flow as it liked. Then we everything had dried I followed it with more dense color. The shapes that have been created were from the flow, I only instinctually followed. Again the subject, the animal was happy to be there: the background seemed to naturally do what it was meant to do to enhance the painting. Don't get in the way of your life. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home