Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Trust in Your Next Step: Polar Bear

Trust in Your Next Step: Polar Bear I absolutely love this painting. I often do fall in love with paintings but I can easily let them go. This painting, for me is just so interesting. I allowed the background of the painting to flow and move and in fact I just let it take me where it wanted to go, and I tell you it was an amazing journey. This is absolutely the perfect demonstration of when a painting was meant to be. How can anyone plan this? The color and light and imagery were all preplanned but not by me. I really worked closely with the authors and often they meditated and I meditated and then on occasion plans and direction were made. The Theme of the painting was to be: Trust in your next step, clarity/know with certainty. Do I understand what is needed? So that said, we were all on the same page. I actually, in the beginning, thought that maybe a frog in a precarious position of reeds might be interesting but I decided to have faith and follow our hearts and let it flow. And boy did it flow. I kept my heart and my intention on the main ideas and meditations that we had all had and made the wet paint flow. I just love this painting. Just as I am making my first steps back into the art world, this is one painting that I might not be able to let go, so that it keeps me on having trust in my first steps. Have faith in yourself, Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home