Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Monday, March 04, 2013

Sitting in Anticipation: Coatimundi

Posted by PicSitting and waiting in Anticipation/Coatimundi
I love these beings. When I saw my first one, I couldn't believe my eyes. There it was scampering toward me with glee. It was in the zoo in Tena. The job of this Coatimundi was welcoming committee. Since writing this, that zoo was damaged by flooding and since then, that part of the Amazon has been affected by drought. These are huge signs of global weather change. The extensive uncontrolled logging in the Amazon is hugely responsible for the drought conditions in the jungle. This Coatimundi painting was taken from photos from Refugio de los Monos in Puyo. It is news like this that makes me sad to be human. Since then I have been in several other refuges and also been delightfully greeted by the Cuchuchos. On occasion I have seen them get cranky. If they remember you and if you were unpleasant to them they will let you know. I have never experienced that but they did come scampering over to me for protection when they met someone they did not like. My son made a few connections with them and he found that a nice scratch behind the ears will help to make a friend forever. He also found that if you try the same move on a human ... not so much. We very much need to become speakers and protectors of those who can't.
Robin
asa

Sitting and waiting in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home