Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Neoscona Cooksoni: Zigzag Spider

Neoscona Cooksoni: Zigzag Spider This is a spider I found in my garden. It is the common Ecuadorian Zigzag spider. The make these terrific webs with these interesting gauzy zigzags in them. On close inspection they are wonderfully colored and brilliantly designed. so when the authors of the book wanted a spider, I went to the garden, literally my back yard. It took me quite a while to find this creature on the internet but when I discovered its name I was even giddier. I would love a name like that. So the purpose of this painting is to represent "Oneness/know that everything is interconnected. What impact to I have? I put the water drops in to represent every drop in the bucket of life, captured in your web to contribute to the world. Yeah big concept and hard for me to express, but there you are. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home