Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Looking From a Different Perspective: Cows

Looking From a Different Perspective: Cows This painting created a lot of agony for me. I have said in the past that I am a wild life artist and sometimes that can be a confusing term. Technically, cows are domesticated and breeding controlled to where they are not really part of the natural ecosystems and are no longer wild life, to no fault of their own. The cow/bovine has been an integral part of human civilization and has helped to mold our evolution. This said they deserve respect as well. I started this painting but in the first draft you can really see my lack of love for the painting. I had to shift my perspective and acknowledge my personal limitation of my thinking to realize how disrespectful and prejudiced I was being. Once I did this the painting took on a new and kinder feeling. This painting is much more cohesive with the background while still focusing on the relationship with the mother and babies. Fortunately, the authors insisted on pursuing their animal representation of the ideas of: "Abundance and wealth, do I see what is available to me" as being cows. This painting again challenged me into opening my heart and mind to the real wealth that these animals represent. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home