Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

The Honey Makers: Bees

The Honey Makers: Bees This was an awesome painting to do. It was geometric in all kinds of directions. It was fun, challenging, colorful and a learning experience. I love how the honey came out in the comb and the dancing bees communicating to the other bees. Although this is a smaller painting, it took as much time as any of the larger paintings due to all the detail. The theme that the bees are representing is: "organization/prepare what you need. What can I provide or do?" This is not a surprising choice but the job of illustration is to emphasize the topic and provide a visual impression. I think I was very successful in achieving this. I can still see the bees in front of me and making me almost dizzy with detail. Still it was fun. Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home