Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Beauty is often out of the Box: Peacock

Beauty is often out of the Box: Peacock When the authors said that they wanted the peacock to represent: beauty/see with the eyes of the heart, and how can I see beauty in everything: I immediately tried to answer the question what is beauty. I thought there are so many non-stereotypical creatures that could represent beauty why go with the norm. But again have faith in the authors and their vision. So, I went and researched and photo’d peacock in zoos and on-line. I wanted to give them my best with a unique point of view yet still poignant. As I was drawing one day with this thought in mind, there it was, the idea, this is the result. I still felt though it was not quite done. After several months of hanging on the wall in front of me, I happened to have purchases James Gurney’s book (creator/artist of Dinotopia) called “Color and Light”, and there were further answers to this unsettling incomplete feeling. Pursue that which calls to you. Original painting size: 80cm/94cm Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home