Brush in a Backpack

I am a painter/sculpture, who is in the process of travelling with my family, and painting on the way, for starts we are going to find out where "South" is, with the children navigating. Sounds adventureous, yeah I will be a cool experience and chaotic and fun.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

in the early morning

Hi there Folks: For those of you who know me, and for those who do not, I am a person who requires less sleep than the average bear. So it is in the wee hourse of the morning and here I am blogging. I got up at 2:00, talked with my daughter in Canada, she went to bed and then I went into the studio to work. I have this awesome and crazy photo that I took of a Cougar corkscrewing its tale. So feeling some pressure of my photographer friend coming on Sunday night, I figure I have just enough time to get this painting done before the photoshoot. So, that said the layout is done and now I am waiting for the frisk to dry. This is a rubber material that I use to cover my drawing so that I can uninhibitedly paint the background. So, here I wait and think for the next thing to do which is practice my speech to the Casa De Cultura of Banos Ecuador to petition to have my first art show in Ecuador. This is more of an introduction of myself and my art. Oh but that is not enough, no, I like a little challenge and who wants to do these things easily: no I have to also do it in Spanish..... fun. Thank god for my Spanish teacher and my dear friend Manola, who is amazing with her education, language skills and of course understanding of the culture..... Manola is also kind to me in that she knows that normally I am short and to the point and really don't want to linger in the public speaking arena. So the speech is short and sweet. So, that said and that done, I may have to take my dangling participles and go to bed for a while. I have Spanish classes in the morning...... oh wait, like in 3 hours..... yeah that is how I work it..... This sleeping thing is really great to get things done and read books. I just got the new daylight light bulbs from Ebay and they are making my life better already. Whoo hoo. Okay, back to bed, nice talking with you, even if it is one sided. Be kind to each other and honor your differences Robin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home